POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Blobs in Macros... : Blobs in Macros... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Blobs in Macros...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Oct 2002 05:20:21
Message: <3dbbbde5@news.povray.org>
I've got following problem:

My Particle System allows the usage of macros to define
particles. Now I've set a macro which places blob-spheres.
The system is called inside a blob{}-statement, so I'd
expect POV to parse, find the macro, use it, place the
components, and render just fine.
I know that POV can't issue a warning for macros, because
parameters for the macro may be set after the declaration
of the macro itself. But why does POV tell me

Parse Error: No mathing } in "sphere", , found instead

(that last "," is referring to the comma between the
radius and the strength)?

Is there actually any possibility to place components with
macros that are called from inside a macro?
Even if I place blob{} around the include file with
the macro which will call the particle-macro, it doesn't
work. Any ideas?

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde